REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTANT SERVICES – LOCAL INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Republic of Moldova
Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project
Project ID No. P173776
Ref. no.: MD-MHLSP-182628-CS-INDV
Assignment Title: Social Safeguards Specialist
The Government of the Republic of Moldova has receivedfinancing from the World Bank (Bank) toward the cost of the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Environmental Specialist.
With this purpose, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection seeks to contract an experienced individual local consultant in order to ensure compliance with Social safeguards requirements, and health & safety in carrying out the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project.
The objective of this assignment is to ensure compliance with Social safeguards requirements, and health & safety in carrying out the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project (P173776) .
The Social Safeguards Specialist (part-time position) will be responsible for carrying out all activities related to Social safeguard arrangements for the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project (P173776). See all Project’s Public Disclosure Authorized Documents.
The Social Safeguards Specialist is responsible for the implementation, control, monitoring and reporting of the Social safeguards requirements in relation with all Project activities, including all civil-works related activities under the Project, as mentioned in the approved Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) and Appraisal Environmental and Social Review Summary.
• University degree in Social areas or similar;
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in assignments for Social assessment and Social management in wide range of activities;
• Knowledge of the Republic of Moldova’s legislation for social protection and the World Bank’s social policies;
• Previous experience with World Bank’s projects – will be considered as an advantage;
• Demonstrated experience for supporting, advising and/or collaborating with national public institutions on social safeguards and sustainable development etc.;
• Very good interpersonal and communicational skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work in team;
• Computer literate (MS Office)
• Fluency in English and Romanian (excellent writing skills, listening, reading, and speaking) required. Russian communication skills will be a strong advantage.
Social Safeguards Specialist shall be engaged on a part-time basis (work load will be different during the year, but in general 50% of full working time will be required).
Deadline for presenting the Expressions of Interest is July 15th, 2020, 24:00 at the e-mail address: email@example.com, indicating the assignment title.